Cooling Marshes, Kent, 7th December 2014

Friday 1 July 2011

All Change

"I want to live close to downtown to be near my friends
I want to be close to them,
And still be out by the trees and the wind
Havin' both will be hard to find I'm sure,
But then ain't that the way of the world,
I want the city but I want the country too"

- City Vs. Country by Jonathan Richman

The last month or so has been a pretty manic one round here. Aside from memorable trips to Pembrokeshire and Portugal, I've been busy making preparations for an exciting new challenge. This weekend I'll be saying a fond farewell to south London (for a while at least) and moving to north Kent to take up a 9 month volunteer placement with the RSPB. It'll be a big change but I'm absolutely thrilled at the prospect. Anyway, more on that soon, but for now I just want to say that normal service here will be resumed shortly. 'Til then- sing it, Jonathan.

Oh btw, in case you were wondering, the answers to 'Name that Bird - Round 3' are:
1. Goldcrest
2. Pied Wagtail (adult in winter plumage)
3. Kestrel (classic 'hovering' pose, albeit in silhouette)

No comments:

Post a Comment