Cooling Marshes, Kent, 7th December 2014

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Who brought the cake?

According to my dashboard thing this blog is one year old today! Hooray! Etc.
BirdPoem is in good company because sharing this illustrious birthday are none other than MC5 guitar mangler - Fred ‘Sonic’ Smith, German naturalist - Alexander von Humboldt and on a suitably birding tip, Sir Peter Scott - founder of the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT). I don’t know about you but that sounds like a killer dinner party in the making.
There’ll no doubt be a few drinks at BirdPoem HQ tonight, but of course it wouldn’t be a party without a game of ‘Name that Bird’! It’s round 4, ding ding:

2 comments:

  1. willow warbler
    snow bunting
    little egret

    Saludos camperos! and happy first birthday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there

    Thanks for reading!

    Answers:
    1. Chiffchaff - dark legs, short primary projection
    2. tricky one this! Snow Bunting was my first guess but a colleague of mine thinks it is actually a leucistic Chaffinch!
    3. yep, Little Egret. When I first took this photo I thought it was a Great Egret because it appeared much larger.

    I like your blog - there are some excellent photos. I just wish I could read Spanish!

    ReplyDelete