Cooling Marshes, Kent, 7th December 2014

Saturday 24 December 2011

Glad Tidings

A Heron at the top of the Christmas Tree?!
(Photo - parent's back garden, Dec 2011)
According to blogger analytics, this blog has had over 2200 hits this year. They can't all be mum checking up on me so I'm pleasantly surprised by it. I had no expectations when I started but it's amazing to see readers have checked in from as far afield as India, Alaska, Peru and Russia. Sorry if you were drawn in by the promise of poetry - if so, here's a suitably seasonal haiku for you:

Winter solitude--
in a world of one color
the sound of wind.

(Matsuo Basho)

And in the spirit of the season let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Christmas or if you're the reader in Latvia - laimīgs Ziemassvētku!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment