Cooling Marshes, Kent, 7th December 2014

Tuesday 19 June 2012

A birder's paradise

So I just got back from a memorable trip to Portugal and a route home that took me via France. You may or may not be surprised to know that I managed to squeeze in some birding along the way. I saw over a 100 species on my travels (not that I was counting or anything) and all  I can say is that if you don't enjoy looking at other people's holiday photos, you might want to switch over now and come back in three weeks. If you do, then you're probably in for a ball. Here's a little preview - I'm hoping to put the first post up by the end of the week.


PS the three birds in my previous post were Meadow Pipit, Sedge Warbler and a blurry Rock Pipit! 


Enjoy...


Greater Flamingo's (Phoenicopterus roseus) grazing in a lagoon near Lisbon, 12th June 2012


A majestic White Stork (Ciconia ciconia) snapped from a petrol station forecourt
on the A17 near Aveiro, 11th June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment